The closest prosthetic to natural teeth, dental implants consist of a false tooth root, which is the implant post, and an aesthetic crown. At Diamond Spring Dental Associates, our team of professional dentists can perform dental implant placement and restoration.
If you and your family would like dental implants and have sufficient bone tissue and good oral health, you will first need to undergo a simple surgical procedure. We will place small titanium screws into the sockets where teeth are missing. Because titanium is a biocompatible metal, bone tissue will integrate with the dental implant post to create a solid foundation — much like a natural tooth root. An aesthetic dental crown atop each post will finish the procedure. Many options exist for dental implants, including immediate load implants, mini implants for denture retention, and various brands. Talk with one of our dentists about which type will work best for your situation.
Why choose dental implants?
Diamond Spring Dental Associates highly recommends dental implants to patients in Denville, NJ because of their numerous advantages:
- Dental implants not only function like your natural tooth root, they also look and feel like a natural tooth. This will definitely improve your appearance and contribute to your healthy smile.
- Removable dentures can sometimes slip because of the poor fitting. This may cause you to mumble or slur when you speak and having dental implants will prevent this from happening and will help you speak normally again.
- Since they are a permanent dental appliance, dental implants eliminate the inconvenience and discomfort of providing special cleaning and maintenance like your dentures do.
- Dentures can restrict your diet and can sometimes slip when you are eating, since dental implants are fused with your bone, you can eat your favourite food with confidence and without restriction.
- Missing teeth can affect the way you look at yourself and sometimes stop you from getting involved in social situations. Dental implants will restore your teeth’s natural appearance and can give you back the positive self-image that you have lost as well as your confidence in yourself.
- Dental implants do not affect the structure of adjacent teeth and leaves more of the healthy tooth structure intact. Since they are individually implanted, it makes it easier for patients to floss and clean them.
- Dental implants are designed to withstand normal wear and tear and the pressure of chewing so with proper care, your dental implants may last you a lifetime.
Schedule a dental implant consultation by calling our Denville dentist office today. At Diamond Spring Dental Associates, we serve patients in the Boonton, Denville, Mountain Lakes, Parsippany, and surrounding areas.
Give us call at 973.542.2742to learn more about dental implants or click here to schedule a consultation.