Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Why Do I Need to Visit a General Dentist Every Six Months?
Dental problems can arise quickly; regular checkups allow a dentist to catch a problem early, which can save you time, money and potentially invasive dental work. When a dentist identifies decay early, he or she can fill the cavity, but if you don’t see a dentist regularly, the decay will worsen and cause your tooth to hurt.
What is a Dentist General Practice?
A general dentist is the dental professional that you see for checkups and to treat most dental problems. If you never have any major issues, you may never see any other type of dentist.
General Dentistry Services
Our general dentistry services include preventative treatments to protect against decay and procedures to treat decay, including fillings, and restorative options, such as bridges and crowns. Contact our office to schedule an appointment if you need any of the following services:
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – Our general dental office offers you a range of options to repair or to replace a damaged tooth.
- Crowns – Crowns, also called caps, restore strength to teeth decayed by large cavities by covering the entire tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns – Porcelain crowns more closely resemble a natural tooth more than any other type of crown.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic options to cover a discolored tooth or to repair a chipped tooth.
- Dental Bridges – The most common type of bridge consists of a prosthetic tooth held in by crowns on each side.
- Fillings – Filling are a common procedure used to fix cavities, a lot of patients have at least one cavity.
- Composite Fillings – Composite fillings are tooth-colored fillings that are an economical option for people who do not want metal fillings.
- Porcelain Fillings – Porcelain fillings are prefabricated; they are more natural looking and smoother than a composite filling.
- Laser Dentistry – We utilize laser dentistry to ensure our procedures take less time and our patients remain comfortable.
- Nitrous Oxide – Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is a safe gas that you breathe in to help you relax during a procedure if you are anxious.
- Sealants – Sealants are a protective barrier applied to permanent molars to keep bacteria from adhering to the teeth’s surface.
How Many Times Each Year Do I Need to Visit a General Dentist Near Me
If your oral health is good, twice each year is fine. However, our dentist may recommend that you visit more often. If you need to see a dentist, call us to arrange an appointment.
What Does an Appointment Cost at a General Dentist in Denville?
Our patient’s costs vary depending on if they have a routine examination or if they are coming in for a procedure. Call our office for an appointment, we can give you an estimate of what your visit will cost.
What is a Dental Teeth Cleaning?
A dental teeth cleaning removes accumulated plaque and tartar, which can lead to gum disease. You’ll leave our general family dentistry office with sparkling teeth and fresh breath.
How Long Will My Appointment Take with a General Dentist?
Expect your appointment to last at least 45 minutes; however, it can last for several hours depending on the work you need. When you call to schedule your appointment, we can give you an estimate of how long your appointment will last.
Do I Have to Do Anything Special Before My Dental Appointment?
Write down a list of any medications that you currently take and bring in your dental insurance card, if you have coverage. Please arrive on time. Contact us to schedule your appointment; our dental team enjoys meeting new patients.